Saturday, January 14, 2012

Superstitions

Have I ever mentioned how superstitious I am?  I have many of them. I don't leave my wind shield wipers up when I leave the car (or anyone else's car!).  If the seam of my coffee lid, matches the seam of the coffee cup (at a place like Dunkin') I won't drink it.  I freak when a black cat crosses my path and you will never see me open an umbrella indoors.  If I get a "bad feeling" about something, I won't do it.  I made Mark come to almost every single prenatal appointment I had with all of my pregnancies because the two times he wasn't there, something bad happened: first they couldn't find the heartbeat of my first pregnancy then the second time he didn't come I failed my 1 hour diabetes test.  I have to wear a certain cross everyday, and freak when I forget it.  I have lists and lists of these things that I get made fun of for.

So yesterday being Friday the 13th, I was more then nervous.  I was sure something bad would happen. I spent the day worried, on edge and ready for "it".  I hate these things.  I which I could break these weirdo superstitions that I have, but I can't!  I was induced with Avery on the 13th of February and this scared me.  Originally, I had the choice of the 11th, or the 13th.  I choose the 11th, for the pure reason of not wanting her born on the 13th and every 7 years having her birthday on a Friday the 13th.  But for some twist of fate, I was deathly ill on the 11th and couldn't get myself to stop throwing up long enough to even call the doctor to ask her what to do!  Mark had to call.  She was back in L&D on the 13th and wanted my strength back so she decided for me that I would have her that day.  So I did.  And she's perfect, in every shape and form.  Call it stupid or a small case of OCD, but I think it may be time to give up my superstitious-ness.  I made it through yesterday with flying colors. My necklace broke and I haven't worn it in months.  I think Mark will always be my lucky charm, but I think the next time it rains, I'm going to leave my wipers up, maybe even my seat forward and walk in the house with the umbrella open.  Superstitions aren't real, but can cause a burden if you let them.  They aren't worth my time and worry anymore!

That's all :)

2 comments:

  1. Soo Funny! I was drinking coffee the other day and thought of you with the line. Then I started thinking about all of our adventures to BSC... trouble would just find us on those commutes. running out of gas, broken brake lines, being late to class many more times than once. And we won"t mention the tp on the car... (oops I just mentioned it!) lol Mall trips were the best, when class was "cancelled" or just "cancelled for us" lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA, the TP under the car!! That was sooo awful, but so funny! Remember that cop wouldn't even touch it? He was sooo grossed out! And remember the little mouse that ran over my hood when we started up the car? I don't think I even screamed that loud in my life! Fun times for sure!

      Delete