Monday, October 31, 2011

Time to talk about Halloween!

Of course, I have to talk about Halloween 2011 now! Lets see, this year it was on a Monday, which anytime its on a week night it becomes totally inconvenient for everyone. On top of that, it had SNOWED the day before and half the state had canceled Halloween due to power outages, except for our town being one that did not. So wether we want to or not, we were able to go out.

This was Avery at home. How cute is she??
Since Cameron's first Halloween, we have been using my sisters house as the meeting spot for all that want to come trick or treating with us, or just come and see the kids all dressed up. This year, we had my family, my two sisters with their kids, my parents, my in-laws, and my bestie Steph with her family all get together. I got my littles dressed inside, since a fluffy watermelon baby does not fit well in a car seat, then we all went out for pictures. The ground was so wet and it seemed to get dark waaay earlier then in the previous years that pictures of everyone didn't turn out great.

Even fruit can put on a few pounds!

Me, Avery(8mos), Bryce(8mos), and Steph

Ryan the Fireman, Ashlyn the Witch, Cam the Police Man, Bryce the Cow, and Avery the Watermelon getting ready to get some candy. Aubrey was here, too, but didn't not make it into this picture. I think she was still eating inside at this point!
I switched Avery into something a bit warmer and stroller friendly for trick or treating.

Auntie Tina consoling Cameron after he was scared to death by a life sized zombie with bleeding eyes that moved and made weird noises!

The cousins
We went to about 12 houses, but it took us about 45 mins cause they had to get in and out of the wagon each time and walk to the house, pick out their candy and of course the people at the houses had to tell each kid how cute they were and blah blah blah. We know :) The kids had so much fun being out, but were fine when we got back to the house, which made it so much better for us parents!! I would say this Halloween went off without a hitch, even with the bad weather and it being on a weeknight. So much to say, that we may have to crash our in-laws town (which postponed it!) to do it all over again! We shall see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment