Thursday, October 20, 2011

Girls night out!

Quick, and no photos, but what can you do!! Tonight I went out with two of my longest friends for dinner. Originally, the plan was to go out a few nights before my surgery to take my mind off of things, but since that has been postponed, we decided it would still be awesome to go out and have a "play date" with no kids or husbands involved (sorry Littles and Mark!!, oh and Justin and Chris!) Oh, but before I get into the fun times out, I have to comment on leaving my house! Just so you know, I have not been out of my house for some sort of alone "fun" night for about 2 years and 9 months! Not that I'm complaining in the least! We go out with the kids, because we want to! But anyway, while I was getting ready, Mark was giving the kids a bath in hopes that I could sneak out with out them knowing. But of course, the bath didn't last as long as we had hoped, so as I'm sitting on the couch, I hear Cameron calling for me and go to the bottom of the stairs and see Cam at the top, naked, saying "look at my bum bum, Mommy!" He's standing there shaking it and laughing hysterically while doing so! He's such a ham. But when my ride shows up and he realizes I'm leaving without him, he starts crying and saying "mommy don't leave me, stay for me!" Over and over. It was kind of devastating! But I knew he'd calm down and I had to do this! So to the car I ran! :(

But anyway, I got picked up by my bestie since 1st grade, Steph, and we drove together to a restaurant called 3 in Franklin and met up with Anne, another bestie in high school (love them both!) for dinner and dessert, of course! Even though I was away from my kids and out of my current safety element that I have come so accustomed to, I had so much fun catching up, remembering old times and just talking about "stuff". These times really do help me put things into perspective. It helps me to realize that everyone in the world has a "situation" at some point in there lives. Sometimes the caliber of this situation may seem big or small to people on the outside, but to the person going through it will always see it as a life stopping, unwanted issue that they did not ask for. So to say "shut up, mine is worse" and not give the time, effort and compassion to the people you care for is a very selfish way to live. The support I get from these awesome girls (and my family of course!) is amazing and I hope they feel the same, or at least that I'm trying, to do the same for them, either now, in the past, or will in the future. For a long time I felt like as a 30 year old girl (or do I have to say women now??) I have learned all the things I will learn and have become the person I will continue to be. Now I know, this is the furthest from the truth, and people like Anne Marie and Steph have helped me to see this. If I allow myself to open my mind more, I will continue to learn more things and become a better, more compassionate and supportive person to the people I love. Because to make it through something, support is the only thing that helps you to survive. And when things are thrown on you that you did not ask for can be devastating! And you can never forget that you need to be with people who know your worth. You don't need to many people to be happy, just a few real ones who appreciate you for who you are, healthy or sick, happy or sad, rich or poor, married or divorced, etc. These people support you and continue to make you into the person you are destined to be. And all will be good as long as you can reciprocate.

Ok, enough about that for now (I'm babbling an prob. not making sense). To sum it up, it was a good night, and what we talked about got me thinking :) And no, that wasn't quick! Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment