Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend Recap part 1

We started out the weekend just laying low, which I love, by the way!! If I could just hang out and get things (although this rarely happens!!) done around the house all weekend, I would never leave!
So let's see, Friday night after Mark got home from work we just hung out at the house and had some goofy time. Cameron is obsessed with songs and dancing, so although I didn't upload the video yet, while I was feeding Avery her carrots for dinner, he played the Yo Gabba Gabba's "Party in my Tummy" song (so yummy, so yummy) on his iPod and danced around like a maniac behind me. At first Avery didn't know what to make of it (hence the picture!) but she eventually started laughing at him and banging her hands on the tray. I'll see how the video turned out!
After dinner, Cam decided he wanted to be a real life Mr. Potato Head. With a cold, that mustache got a good sanitizing after he was done! He really likes being in character, and was pretending to put out fires. He's quite the ham!
On Saturday, we hung out at the house a little bit and tried to push Avery into moving around a bit more. I feel like she doesn't get the attention that we were able to give Cameron, as an only child at the time, so she's a little slow with getting more mobile! I mean, she sits in her Exersaucer alot so I can make lunch for Cam or run him to the potty. She's a pro at sitting up, and has been for awhile and for the past few weeks she's been obsessed with pulling up and standing. She gets so proud of herself! She'll also walk (wobbly!) while holding your fingers. So cute! We just need to let her roll around the floor alot more to gain some strength in her arms to get that crawling started, even if she doesn't like it!! Its hard though cause Cam is constantly running and throwing things around, I'm afraid she'll get hurt!

We decided to break out the door jumper and see how she liked it. For a minute she wasn't to sure..
But she decided it was awesome!!She just bounced in circles as her brother danced around her, like a maniac of course!
He even pushed like an out door swing for a few, but she wanted to do her own thing!

So that was the "lay-low" part of the weekend! All the hectic family time usually falls on Sundays when all of us get together! To come...

No comments:

Post a Comment