Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Life's Little Instructions

I found this little list on a website and thought it was cute. You may have to double click it to be able to read it better, but I'm not a pro at this blogging thing yet! I think it's cute for a few reasons: First, it was created by a 95 year old man. He grew up in a whole different era that we are living in today, yet his life lessons fit in completely with how I want to live and even how I want my children to live. Things are constantly changing in the world around us, yet some things have never, and never will change. And second, nothing on this list mentions anything electronic. None of this man's life instructions pertains to emails, iPhones, texts, tv's or anything else of the sort. I say this as I'm typing on my MacBook Pro, in front of my television, with my husband on a separate couch on his own laptop. And without a doubt some things need to be done with life's amazing technological advances. But these things shouldn't define us and our lives. And although I don't believe that having a dog needs to be a life instruction (Ugh, Riley, I love you, but please, calm down!!) most of the things on this list have, are and always will be very important to being the great person that we all have the capability of being.

No comments:

Post a Comment