Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Weekend Recap, Part 2

Sunday we had our own pretend early Halloween get together. Originally, it was going to be a larger party so that I could see my kids dressed up in their costumes before my surgery, but since its been postponed, we decided to keep it to the family (mostly). Michelle, Chris and my niece, Aubrey, live an hour away so it's not the most convenient ride on a Monday night to do the real Halloween festivities. I've had Avery's costume, a watermelon (from Children's Place) for a few weeks but hadn't got Cameron anything as of that morning!! Forever he had been saying he wanted to be a pirate, but every costume I saw was pretty awful. Se we decided to go to a Halloween costume store in our town that morning so see what we could find. First of all, the store was kind of creepy for a 2 year old! Lots of creepy, gory stuff that I thought he'd be afraid of, but nope. He wanted to go up and touch everything!! So this did not make picking out a costume easy!! Also, he was so indecisive!! After showing him all that we liked, that came in his size, he choose the police officer, mainly because it came with a whistle. He NEEDED the whistle!! Funny thing was, without even talking about it, my sister had her son as a fireman!! They were way to funny together!
When we got to my parents house, the whole immediate family was there (all 14 of us!) plus some friends of ours and their 16 month old twin boys. We got them all into their costumes and they played around in the yard. Cameron and Ryan were hysterical! Cam was arresting Ryan, stopping traffic and blowing the crap out of the whistle! They turn into such little spaz's when together! Of course, Avery and Aubrey didn't do to much, other then look cute all dressed up! My pictures came out awful because I didn't change my settings as the sun starting to go down, but I got a few. Of course, trying to get all of them sitting at one spot, looking cute just wasn't happening, but maybe on the real Halloween night!! So here are the few I got!!
Mark with his puffy melon! I thought she'd hate me putting her in this, but she actually liked it!

Cam in character!

Trying to reach her pumpkin with all that padding!

The cousin fruits, Aubrey was a strawberry

The girls with their mom's

No comments:

Post a Comment