Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sick Day


So Cameron woke up this morning with really gunky eyes. They were practically glued shut. So off to the doctor we went. He wasn't out of character really, still acting like his happy self. He just looked gross, with the goop in his eyes and that ever running nose. I figured it was just conjunctivitis. When we saw the doctor she confirmed the pink eye and discovered he had double ear infections. Huh? He wasn't showing any symptoms of this! And who knows how long they have been infected. Awesome mom!

So for the rest of the day he was pretty good, but you could tell things were starting to bother him. I even noticed he's started to cut a bottom molar! Quite a little trooper, huh? I could have found something different to photograph today, but didn't really have the time. He's learning to climb the stairs and while he tried to get up those stairs today, he just wasn't into it. I'm not really into the picture myself. It's crocked but when I try to straighten it, his feet get cut off, which annoys me. The shadows to the left of him were also really distracting in color, so black and white it was. Maybe I'll play with it in Photoshop. Tomorrow...

Day Seven



2 comments:

  1. as i was reading this post, i felt like an awful mom because last weekend dd had a red eye with a bunch of gunk in it (glued shut is a good word for it). we were out of town at the time and i didn't call the pedi or anything. it turned into a cold/cough (which i have too). the gunk lasted a couple days along with the redness, but eventually passed. but every since, that one eye looks "different" (smaller maybe) than the other eye. what is pink eye like? maybe i should've called the pedi. ::sigh:: i never know what to take seriously and what not to. :-( anyway, this is an adorable picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah- I know what you mean! Cam had a cold since before Christmas and I figured, thats all it was-a cold. I guess the cold symptoms can be a sign of an ear infection, which then can cause stuff to run into the eye causeing pink eye! So my sons little cold (which I probably brought him home form the classroom that I work in!) caused all this other stuff and now he's on meds! I guess you should always call to make sure, right? Thanks for liking my pic!

    ReplyDelete