Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Hair" goes nothing!

First of all, I must give Mark the credit for the creative post title :) 

So, after my meltdown yesterday, Steph made an appointment with her hairdresser for me to get the job done.  Steph told her my story and she was more then happy to see me and even offered to stay after hours to make me feel more comfortable, with out us even asking.  That is how adorable sweet she is!!  The girls refused to even take any money from me!  I need her address, cause I can't let her do that for free.

After another mini melt down today (OK not so mini), I sucked it all up, got together with Steph, and actually made it into a fun experience.  We are known to make fun of each other!  The hairdresser even suggested that I donate my hair, which made it all the more worth going to the salon instead of having Mark or Steph do it!  Other people are in much worse situations that hopefully will benefit.  It was hard, to a degree, but I knew it had to be done.  I was more sad to not have something to show for everything I went through then cutting my hair.  It just reminded me every time I looked at myself that my three open brain surgeries didn't end the way I prayed they would.  Even though no one would say it to me, but I looked stupid before with half a head of hair.  Now I feel like although not exactly what I would have chosen in the past, I chose this today and it's going to look good.  I promise.  So don't make fun of me now, give me a few weeks or months and I'll be working on covering up my scare and growing a few more inches and then get a little style that I never would have had the guts to try before.  Maybe I'll never even want to go long again!!  

With that being said, here goes a few iPhone before and afters!
   Well, this was a before the surgery "before"
Half a head that just didn't work
The scar side. Although, the scare doesn't show up as boldly in real life.
Cutting ponies off for donation
The donatables 
Shaving 
Making it fun
The "after".  Totally Natalie Portman, huh?  Sarcastic, of course.  It will grow, I promise :)

3 comments:

  1. WHOA...I am sure you might be thinking I am saying this JUST to cheer you up. Honestly, you look STUNNING with short hair. You know I have had mine a ton of different lengths, so I like short anyway, but whoa! You can realllllllyyy pull it off. and I can't believe how much it has grown already since the surgery.

    I NEVER would have pictured it on you, because you would never have gone short before, but you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work with Stephanie and follow your blog. First off - you are amazing for all you do even with all you have been through. And it was so great you donated your hair. With out sounding shady as someone who does not know you - I think your final picture above makes you look great. Very few people can pull such short hair off, but you honestly look great. Best wishes to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie BombardierFebruary 24, 2012

    You really can pull off short hair!!

    ReplyDelete