Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Riding in the car...

The other day I was riding in the car (not driving, cause I'm not allowed to do that anymore, boo) and a song came on.  I don't even remember who was driving the car or where we were going, but every time I hear this song, things around me just stop and I have to listen.  You might laugh at me, but the song that was playing was "Little Wonders", by Rob Thomas.  It's the theme song from the Disney movie, Meet the Robinson's.  The first time I saw this movie was when I was showing it to my kids at work. I sat and watched the whole thing and cried at the end, in front of 60 3rd-5th graders (I was pregnant with Cameron!!) but for good reason.  The movie has such great meaning, and every time I hear the song it makes me remember it, and this time I heard it, I tried so heard not to tear up.

For those of you who have not seen the movie, to put it short, it is about an orphaned boy named Lewis who has seen his share of failure.  He wants to be an inventor and no one seems to want to adopt him due to his quirkiness. But he never gives up.  No matter how many times he failed, he always gets up,  brushes off and keeps going.  He is brought into the future by a boy he has never met and meets a great, loving family, with a father who is super successful, who he later finds out is him, all grown up. 


The themes of the movie is really what makes it meaningful to me and one of my most favorite movies. One theme, is that there is always room for growth, in a career, family life, or your health, for anyone who strives to live their life with a purpose.  You should always live your life aspiring to be better, to get better and to accomplish these things that are important to you.  I want to be
soo many things, do so many things and accomplish so many things in my life.  I want to be a photographer, have a successful career for myself, have another baby.  I want to beat the epilepsy that is taking over my life right now. I want to make a mark in the life I have lived that will live on when I am not here anymore. And even though things have been put on hold at this very moment, I will never stop believing that I can, no I WILL, do those things.  It is not an option for me to not succeed in these things.

Another theme, is that failure is more important than success. You need failure to understand what is important.  At the moment it may be discouraging, as it was for Lewis in the movie, but it only builds up your strength and experience to gain the most happiness and pride when you finally hit success. When things are always easy, what do you gain?  This is something I need to overcome.  I feel that I am failing in all things important right now.  As a wife, a mother, a friend.  In my career, my hobby's and all things that are important to me.  I have a huge fear of failing, of seeming weak and not succeeding in the things that are important.  I have to stare these fears in the face and then stomp on them when I have finally beat them. I have to realize that they will build me up as a person, even though it feels as though they are knocking me down. 


And the final, most important theme in this movie is that you always have to keep moving forward. You have to always follow your mission and beat down any obstacles you may face.  Live life with a purpose.  Keep up your motivation, even if failure is on your plate because you have to keep going.  Never give up.  It will set you apart from everyone else. I need to make these the words I live by, "Always keep moving forward". For me, for my kids and for Mark.  It's not fair for any of us for me to shut down and just stop.  Things may be tough.  I may think about the worst case scenario way to much, but I can't.  I have to think of the positive things that make my life a success right now and keep going.  Enjoy life, regardless, and "keep moving forward". 


Oh and here's the song lyrics:


Let it go, let it roll right off your shoulder
Don't you know the hardest part is over?
Let it in, let your clarity define you
In the end we will only just remember how it feels

Our lives are made in these small hours
These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate
Time falls away but these small hours
These small hours still remain

Let it slide, let your troubles fall behind you
Let it shine until you feel it all around you
And I don't mind if it's me you need to turn to
We'll get by, it's the heart that really matters in the end

Our lives are made in these small hours
These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate
Time falls away but these small hours
These small hours still remain

All of my regret will wash away somehow
But I cannot forget the way I feel right now
In these small hours
These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate
Yeah, these twists and turns of fate!

Time falls away, yeah but these small hours
And these small hours still remain, yeah
Ooh they still remain
These little wonders, oh these twists and turns of fate

Time falls away but these small hours
These little wonders still remain


Weird post I know.  I just needed to talk, err write?





No comments:

Post a Comment