Sunday, December 4, 2011

A little family tradition

To start my Sunday off, Mark had the Patriots game, so I decided to go to my parents house to hang out while he was there (They won, btw, Pats 31 Colts 24, which is actually kind of depressing since the Colts suck so badly.  They should have fried them!!) 

Before we went out, we had a fire.  Papa Loves his Avery
 My little crawler :)
 Santa Cam

But ANYWAY, we started out the morning by going to Phantom Farms, which has become an every weekend thing.  Get a snack and coffee and check out there crafty holiday stuff.  Today was so beautiful out, that we actually sat outside to eat.  In December.  In New England.  Don't know what this is about, but not complaining!

Side tracked again...So I tend to have a pine cone obsession during the holidays.  This has been passed down from my Grammie, to my dad, now to me (and possibly my sisters, Mic and T?)  We have tried to find a good pine forest for as long as I can remember each year to pick-up some pine cones to use in wreaths or other holiday decorations.  We were near this historical cemetery in Rhode Island that has a good little forest that we have gone to before.  Avery was sleeping, so my mom stayed in the car while my dad and I took Cameron out to collect some cones for his mommy.  I think he had fun!  He was all, "I found one!!!", with so much pride each time!  It was great.  He even found an old electric helicopter that I just picture having been lost by some poor little boy playing with it years ago.  But who knows!
 He was on the hunt
The  Helicopter
 Scouring with Pap


 And then he found a stick to go "hiking"
Now I am am just waiting for the pine cones to dry out and "pop" open to be all pretty so I can make them into some pretty things.  I love this season!!

After Mark got home, we went to a Christmas tree nursery and got some wreaths and boxwood garland.  No tree, since we go fake :(  Not forever, just for now. With the kids being so little, it's just not worth it. Eventually they will get the idea better and have fun going in a picking one out.  Instead, this year we did this:
Cuties!  Cam was having fun at least! (Cell pic!)
Maybe my next post will be of us actually decorating the house!  One step at a time, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment