Monday, December 26, 2011

Okay, I'm starting: Christmas 2011!

So since we did like, 10 Christmas parties to get to see everyone, I think there has to be a few posts over the next few days.  And I know, no one cares to see pictures of my kids over and over again, in the same two outfits in like 20 different poses, but it's for me.  I don't want to forget!  Just bear with me, if you want to!

Our first night of Christmas festivities, on the actual Christmas weekend, started on Friday night, the 23rd.  This was to spend time with Marks mother's side of the family.  We usually do it on Christmas Eve, but this year the Patriots played in town on Christmas Eve late in the day, and 4 of the family members were going to the game, and Mark and Matt were parking for the game, so it just made much more sense to have it the night before.

And oh did we have fun!  Avery got to model her cute little dress and sparkly tights, before falling asleep after about an hour and Cam got to ham it up for everyone to watch during gift time!  He's such a goof! A really, really silly goof with no-reserve to speak of!  Love, love, love :)

But anyway, we LOVE spending time with this side of the family!  They are Googa's two sisters and there families.  I feel like I have known them forever, which 13 years (of dating, not marriage!) does seem like forever to me! They are sooo sweet and have accepted me into their family from the beginning, before it was even apparent that I was in it for the long haul.  Emily and Tommy, Mark's cousins are two of the sweetest people EVER and I just want to squeeze them every time I see them.  I met them as little kids, 6 and 7ish, and they are "adults"now!  I can hardly imagine where that time has gone!  There mom, Aunt Dori, has claimed Cam her "Best Boy" since he was born and has watched him a few days a week since he was 3 months until I stooped working 10 months ago.  He's in LOVE with her, and I think she likes him a bit, too :)  And Auntie Kath and Uncle Greg have done sooo, sooo much for us I can't even list it.  They have taught Mark alot of what he knows in his work and together they make a great trio! Not to mention there wholehearted love they have for their niece and nephews that has tinkered down into pure love for my babies.  I just can't say enough good things about this side of the family.  Honest love just oozes out of  all of them and it just makes me happy and feel calm and welcome when ever I am around them.  And I know my babies feel the same way, even if Avery doesn't let everyone hold her all the time :)

Want pictures after this ridiculously long babble about the wonderfulness that is Marks side of the family?  Well, here you go:

Cousin Emme with Avery (I swear, she was smiling with her right before this!)
 Crawling after the dog, who's something actually smaller then her!  Oh and the Bum Bum! Cuteness! 
 Only pic of me and one of my children the whole night.  Bad quality, thanks Mark (JK!) so that's why its black and white.
 Papa and Avery, starting to show him her love!
 Getting tired with while Aunt Katie held her
 Silly eating face
 The construction worker set (or "fuction" worker, how Cam says it, sounding very naughty!) from Auntie Kath and Uncle Greg.  A BIG hit!!
 Opened everyone's gift with his new saw.
 Avery sleeping through all the madness, looks a little tense though!
 Puppy (all dogs are puppy's to me) Jake and his new puffy vest from Cam and Avery
Wish I got more pictures, but sometimes you just have to participate in the funess!  Next time we ARE getting a family picture with everybody though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment