Monday, December 19, 2011

Part two: Train into Boston!!

Sunday, we had plans to have dinner with Marks family: Googa, Papa, Uncle Matt and Aunt Katie.  In the morning, Googa (Marks mom) called to see if we wanted to change plans up a little and instead of going to their house, to take the train into Boston, walk around a bit and then have dinner in town.  Umm, yeah!  My kid isn't only obsessed with his Googa, but the train?  Holy crap!  Of course we would go!  But as we have learned the hard way, never tell a toddler about something exciting that is going to happen unless it is at that MINUTE!  So we had to use code words all day until we were in the car, all packed up in our cold weather gear, to finally tell him the plan.  He was "sooooo cited!!"

We met up with everyone at the train station in our town and waited for the train.  Cam was sooo dying to get on the train!! 

Once we were on, he sat with Papa and looked out the window the whole time, pretty much mesmerized by what was going by.  Every time the speaker announced where we were approaching, he would repeat it and thought he was the funniest thing.  He just HAD to hold the ticket and give it to "the conductor" to get punched.  Such a big boy.
I sat across the aisle with Avery and my brother-in-law, Matt.  Isn't that hat so cute?  Old Navy!
 I know, I look like an over happy goober, but its the only one I got with Avery!!
 Cam with his Googa, having a happy conversation
When we got to South Station, there was a pretty awesome model train and Christmas village set up that Cam stood and looked at for a pretty loooong time!!  He loooved it!  He would have stood there and looked at it for the whole night if we had let him! 
And then there was Avery, happy little bundled up Avery.  It would have taken way to long to take her out of her snugly Bundle Me and snowsuit to looked at the train (which she would have loved!) but she stayed happy anyway, just starring up at her boring Mommy pushing her around.  Something about me she likes, cause I can make this little one smile just by blowing her a kiss.  I think I've found my best friend, cause she can make me laugh (or cry!) just by seeing her smile, too.  Unconditional love, all around! :)
Ok, back on track, we took a walk through the Boston Commons (where Mark and I got engaged!) and got to see the people ice skating. It was chilly, but we had the kids sooo bundled up, I don't think they minded, that much at least.  Avery slept almost the whole time!
Cam and I sitting on a frog! 
Mesmerized by something, the pretty Christmas lights maybe?  But doesn't he look so cute?  Even though he's such a big boy now (almost three!) He still has his little baby qualities!  The pinchy cheeks, the button nose and those eye lashes!  
A pathetic try for a family photo!  Cam looks like he's homeless with that blanket and you can't even tell that Avery is even there!  The singing bug toy is blocking her whole head!  Oh well, we tried!
 And Matt told me that I needed to get his written permission to post a photo of him on the blog, but oh well!  We love them to much to not have them included in the pics of our little adventure!

So after walking around a bit more and seeing some more lights and all the pretty buildings and churches in the area, we had dinner, which was great, and hoped back on the train with one sleeping baby and one toddler on his second wind who was a happy spaz burning all the energy needed to fall fast asleep almost right when we got home.  I would call this night a perfect success that I would love to do over and over again and never get bored of it!  Just seeing the kids reactions when doing something new to them is a new experience to me, even if I have done it a million times before.  Spending time with Marks family isn't always easy cause of busy work and travel schedules, but when we do, we always have fun!  I love them all from the bottom of my heart for who they are and what they do for us and our kids.  They are great parents to Mark (and in-laws to me) and great grandparents to the littles.  And all though I may have never said it to Matt or Katie, I love them like they are my own brother and sister and would do anything for them.  I think together, we make a pretty awesome family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment