Friday, April 13, 2012

The Bunny and Eggs

Back a few days, I know.  But I need to catch up, before I can go forward.  Opps.  I should have been on this better.  

So on the day before Easter, we got together with my sister Tina and my nephew Ryan to go to The Bass Pro shop to meet the Easter Bunny.  Now, I knew days before how this was going to play out, but didn't care.  The kids would be all dressed up to look like the adorable little Littles that they are.  There would be a semi-long to a very long line to wait in, in which time BFF boy cousins would cause a ruckus in the line, making everyone around us stare, but say they were cute nonetheless.  As we got closer, Cam would get more excited and Avery would get more nervous, and try to climb out of my arms.  When it was our turn, Cam would run up and jump on the poor bunny's lap and I would force Avery into his (her?) arms, while she would use her 19lbs of strength to get the hell out of his arm's, while screaming.  The picture would be taken, I would grab her.  She would stop crying and we would laugh at the picture.  I knew this would happen, and all of it did.  But we had fun.  A lot of fun.  Because someday, Cam won't believe that the Easter Bunny is real anymore and traumatize his sister by telling her it was all a fraud.  Someday, they will refuse to go and visit him and traumatize me by making me realize that they are growing up.  So why not cause a ruckus in the line, take pictures with Avery screaming and laugh at the awfully mean pictures now?  This time won't last forever, so I need to embrace it now, as short and sweet as the naive childhood phase is.  I will love every phase that they will go through and cherish every second, of every moment of each and every one of my kids lives.  They are my life and I love living it.



Anyway...after we visit the Easter Bunny, we colored eggs at home.  It was the first time we tried this.  I didn't get many good pictures, but I did not want Cam to spill the die and stain the dining room.  Mark took took some, and that doesn't always go well inside! :)  See:


He was excited for the sizzling sound the die tabs make.
 Avery's contribution to the project: eating the eggs that cracked!
 Dipping, very serious!

 Proudly posing with his special Cam egg

 Avery's egg
 The whole dozen, err 9, bunch of eggs.  A few feel off the table!
 Cam giving me an Eskimo kiss.  He loves his mommy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment