Sunday, May 20, 2012

See ya later, alligators! (But not for long!!)

We had the BEST weather this weekend!  It was warm, but not hot, a little breeze, but not windy. Seriously my favorite weather!  We went to a party on Saturday at my cousin Candy and her family's house.  We were celebrating the adventure another of our cousins family are soon to begin. My cousin, Wendy, along with her husband and two children are packing up there Massachusetts lives, driving cross country and setting up camp in the always beautiful Colorado.  I am soo happy for them and so proud of them for having the courage to go through with such an under taking!  I think about it all the time: what it would be like to pack up life in one spot and continue in another. Such an adventure!  But one I doubt I would ever have the guts to do!  It's a shame to say, that with this whole world surrounding us, I have only lived in two towns, within 5 miles of each other!  It's even more of a shame to say that I have only visited a handful of states in this huge country and only been to one other country in this whole world!  If I never get the bravery to move away, I at least have to provide my children the chance to take in the wealth of history, diversity and beauty that the world offers.  With another cousin already living in Colorado, I now have 5 reasons to start there!  So see you soon, VanKays!  You will be dearly missed while your away, but lovingly envied at the same time :)

Here are some photos of the day.  Not as many as I thought I took!

Will, Ryan, Sadie and Cameron, the "Big Kids"

 Ryan, attacking Sadie and Cam
 Avery, Sadie and Aubrey: The girls
 Can't keep them apart!
 The Colorado-bound family! Sadie, Connor, Wendy and Brian (There was no room for a head-on photo!  Everyone else was taking their pics!)
 Auntie getting a kiss from my Ave
 Cousins!!
 Some of the guys
 Candy and Avery
 Not a good picture (that's why its in BW) but they were having so much fun!
 Avery, chillin' out

No comments:

Post a Comment