Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend (and a little more!)

I loooove me a long weekend and Memorial Day weekend is no different! Being the unofficial start to the summer, it may be my favorite Spring holiday. But of course, this years weekend was a little different. I had yet another surgery the Wednesday before the weekend and although I wasn't expecting the healing to be this long and sort of miserable, it was. I had a Vagal Nerve Stimulator ((VNS) put in (look it up if you want, to long to explain!) which gave me two incisions, one in my throat and one in my chest. The incisions only hurt for a few days, but the swelling of the inside of my throat has caused some breathing issues, numbness of my neck and some awful talking problems, like almost unable to talk problems. So that was me. But my kids got to have fun!! I forced Mark to take pictures with his phone throughout the weekend and he listened! So here are some!
Pretty incisions, no more gross pics, I promise!
Cameron had his first fishing trip!!  He loved it so much, they went twice this weekend!!  Avery slept in the car the first time and sat patiently in her stroller with some wheat thins the second time!  I hear Cam was super patient while waiting and kept thinking he had a fish on.  Mark said he kept saying, "This is some much fun, thanks for bringing me here!"  He caught his first fish, a puny little sunfish, but he was soooo proud of it!!  Just look:



Later in the day, the kiddos relaxed on the porch while dad grilled dinner.  Steak, mmmm!  Look, they were rocking and holding hands!  Well, for a second they were :)
This is Avery's "smile for the camera" face.  Her hair is getting so long!  It;s like a palm tree now!  
The next day they played outside and  broke out the pirate water table.  They liked it, but seemed to get sick of it quick!!  I can't get over the cuteness of Avery in her little bathing suit!  She's such a little ball of cuteness!  And the Crocs!  Even though I had said for as long as I can remember how much I wasn't a fan of them, they are AWESOME!  The best and cutest shoes for kids!  They can put them on so easily and surprisingly they don't fall off.  They are officially Croc Kids :)








This IS Cam.  All day, everyday.  A big ball of firey hyperness.  And this face says it all.
On the actually Memorial Day, Mark (the single dad for the weekend!) brought them to a parade a few towns over.  For some reason, Cam didn't want to go on the firetrucks.  What the?  He's funny cause he's obsessed with all trucks and motor things. Something scared him I guess. 
Cool kids!  The noise was apparently to loud for the babe.
Cam appreciating the talent of a good old marching band.
Avery, just chillin'
Swoon :)
Goof ball love :)
After dinner, Mark took them for a walk down town to get ice cream (amazing dad, right?) and even brought me some back!  They stopped at the common and Cameron wanted so badly to climb the flag pole.  
Cool perspective daddy.  
Fun weekend for Mark and the kids!  I so wish I wasn't out of commission for most of the time so I could have had the fun times that they had, but sometimes it is fun to spend time with one parent.  But I promise, Mark, not again until you want to :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment