Sunday, November 13, 2011

That time a year again!

Well, let me start by saying today was awesome weather!!  It was in the 60's and bright, sunny and dry!  It couldn't have been a more perfect Fall day!  After doing some stuff around the house, like taking a nap, cleaning, laundry (you know, good stuff to do on a perfect day!!) we decided to go to my parents house.  The kids were both sleeping in the car, so we pulled in, asked if they wanted to go for a coffee break, and pulled right back out and went to a local apple farm/bakery for some treats.  

After our snack, we went back to the house and Cam had some fun playing soccer with his Uncle PJ.  Hopefully one day he will want to pick up soccer, or some other sport.  At this point, he likes anything that involves running around, so it's definately a possibility.   



Now on to the obsession.  For the past 7 or 8 years, our family has been a bit obsessed with snowmobiling.  We started out with rinky dink sleds and went locally, when we had enough snow.  Then we got better sleds and went up to Maine and stayed in hotels to try out the trails.  We decided we loved the Rangely, Maine area and the trails up there and rented a house for two years in a row so we could go up anytime and could stay as long as we wanted.  We stopped renting this house when my brother started college and had to ship out to sea for most of the winter and instead just rented houses when we had the time, which was still often.  We all upgraded our sleds, but then of course, one winter I was pregnant, then I had an infant, then I was pregnant again, so as my dad and brothers kept upgrading and going, I couldn't.  The last time I went up was when Cameron was almost one.  We'll see about this year, once I find the date of my surgery.


So anyway, this past week, my brother PJ bought a new sled and of course we had to go over and see it.  Cam is getting over his fear of sitting on the sleds, and now loves pretending he's driving them and keeps asking for one for Christmas (yeah, in a few years, little guy!) Although I didn't go last year, I still get the bug this time of the year to want to go!!  I see my sled, all dirty and sad looking and want to clean her up and make her look nice, like my brothers.  I want to put new gear on my Christmas list and plan for our annual New Years trip up to Rangely with my family and the Kenney's.  But then I realize, this probably isn't going to happen for awhile.  Maybe we can take the 6 hour drive up to go to hit the trails once or twice, while Mimi watches the kids back at the cabin.  But then there will be staples in my skull in a few months and maybe a baby in my belly next winter.  But soon enough the kids will be big enough to ride with us, then on their own.  It's a family tradition that I never want to give up, even if it has be put on hold for a few years.  It seriously is the most fun our family has together.  You never see anything so beautiful as the snow covered trees from the top of the Maine mountain ranges! You feel so free, flying through the trails and over ice covered lakes.  It's one of the only times that I crave snowfall and it NEVER gets old!!


Even Avery's starting to like it!

There are five in there now, mine is the black one, third from the front.  Doesn't it look sad? :)

PS: The Patriots are winning!!

1 comment:

  1. A baby in your belly next winter? I want you to be able to relax for once!

    ReplyDelete