Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Zoo!!!!

So, the weather was beauteous!! Mimi brought up the idea of bringing the kids to the zoo! (If you haven't caught on, or I haven't mentioned it earlier, I have been told by my doctors that I can't drive until the seizure issues are all fixed. So because of this, I'm pretty much constantly with someone, mostly my mom, Jeanne or Mimi.) We packed up the two Little's and headed over. I came here alot as a kid, but this was my first time to bring either of my kids here, Capron Park, which was only a 20 minute drive from our house. When we got here, Avery was ecstatic!!

They had always had this little pond, but had recently put in a boardwalk across the whole thing with an island on each side that housed the lemur's. I think Cam was more obsessed with the ducks since they should more attention to him! We even saw a duck attack a little turtle. Ouch!
Getting big!!
For a small zoo, they had some pretty cool animals! This big daddy lion had three mommy lions in there with him. Cameron loved them and wasn't the least bit scared. Now, I want to the Lion King. That was one of my favorites when I was a kid!

They had a little petting area. You buy the food from these machines and feed them to some lama's and goats. Cam loved these, too, although it freaked me out that he would get bit by them! After Mimi did it, they proved how gentle they actually were! So he fed them ALOT!!

We got some lunch, while Avery napped. He loves his Mimi. :)Oh, and then they recently put in this Splash Pad!! So we changed him into his swim suit and he ran around and played with the other kids in the water! He had so much fun, it was adorable! The big kids would aim the water at him and he'd run away, but stand there laughing hysterically and jump.

So that was our day! So much fun! They had so much fun and Cam used up so much energy, he fell asleep on the ride home and slept great all night!! Next year Avery will be able to run around, or at least not sleep through the whole thing, with Cameron and who knows, maybe I'll be waddling along with another sibling in the belly. You can always wish right?

No comments:

Post a Comment