Monday, July 25, 2011

Our weekend, plus today!

My baby sister had her baby shower on Saturday! My "baby sister", Michelle, is 28 and not so much a baby if she's having one, right? :) She's having a girl, as far as the tech is telling them! My mom, older sister Tina and I had been planning the shower for a few weeks and it went off without a hitch! I love when things go the way they are planned. WE had it at my parents house and although we thought about having it outside for most of the planning process, we ended up having it inside due to the heat wave New England was having. It actually made it much better I think. Less work having everything right there. She got great gifts from great friends and family and got to spend some time with people she doesn't get to see all that often. I had fun bringing my Avery to her first all girl party, and hope she had fun, too! And don't worry, Cameron ended up making an appearance towards the end with daddy and got a chance to ham it up with some of his favorite people!


After the party, Mark and I decided to pack up and head down to the Cape for the night and spend the day Sunday. I swear, it was the fastest packing we had every had! Avery slept in the car for the whole 10 mins it took up to pack up. Very, very proud of us!! We got down, spent some time talking with my parents and went right to bed. Sunday morn, we went out for some breakfast then Tina, Mike and Ryan came down. The boys go OUT OF CONTROL hyper when they are together! They played in the sprinkler for awhile and just acted like the boys that they are. They never stop and I love it. Well, I love it when I'm able to play, too. This weekend, Avery was having a hard time being held by anyone but myself. Blame it on teething, maybe? But regardless, most of the time was fun!!

Today, Ryan came over again and the boys got to spend some time playing at my house. They are pretty independent when they are together so we catch them in the middle of some pretty cute games. They were pretending to be carpenters at one point, then doing there own version of the doctor game in which Cam was the patient and Ryan was obviously a surgeon, using a battery operated drill on my littles belly! Cuteness! Then we almost got them to fall asleep while watching Toy Story 3, but 40 mins was all they could take! Oh well, they did pretty good together and we even got a few pics of the three cousins together, possibly for the first time!! Not great pictures, but pictures, none the less!



No comments:

Post a Comment