Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Maine Trip Recap

February Vacation! I have been looking forward for this week for sooo long, well at least since Christmas vacation about 6 weeks ago! It couldn't have come sooner. It's these weeks that I have off of work that remind me how much I wish I could be a stay at home mom, rather then a working mom. Sigh. On to the recap!

Friday night we started packing. Here was Cameron trying on Mommy's snowmobile boots:

Day 43

The trip started off as planed. We headed up to Rangeley, Maine to meet up with my parents and my brother Kevin. Cam did awesome for the 6 hour drive! Our little champ took turns sleeping and babbling. He did much better then I expected!! We rented a house on the lake and had an awesome time snowmobiling, like old times. I hadn't been snowmobiling for almost 2 years, so it was a real blast! I thought I would have forgotten how to ride, or at least be a bit scared to go fast, but neither was the case. My father actually commented that he had never seen me ride so well and didn't remember me being such a fast rider. Yeaaaa! Cameron, if you are wondering, stayed back with my mother while we went riding. In a few years he'll be able to go for a short ride, but until then we'll pull him around on a little sled and that's about it!!


Day 44



Day 45


We were planning on staying in Rangely from Saturday to Tuesday, but when Monday came along we realized that there was a big snow storm brewing back home, so my dad (who owns a plowing company) thought it would be best to return a day early. Because we had nothing waiting for us back home, Mark, Cam and I decided to go visit with Marks parents who were staying at there cabin about an hour away.

We had a blast with them, too! This was only the second time Cameron had ever been to this house, so everything seemed new to him! When we first put him down he did a big loop through the down stairs rooms over and over again. Each time he walked by this little duck figurine, he'd stop and give it a big kiss, smack on the beak! It was the cutest thing. The next day, we bundled Cam up and took him out on the lake in his little wooden sled. Don't worry, the ice was crazy thick! He started out laying on the sled, practically asleep, but after a few minutes he sat up and looked like he was enjoying himself! Everything looked so beautiful and the weather was awesome! Maine temperatures are usually so much colder!

We had a great time at both places and were very fortunate to be able to spend this much time with our families. They truly are our favorite people to hang out with and it makes me happy to see Cameron spend time with them. We are a very lucky little family. :)

Day 46

He could hardly move in his snowsuit. It looks like he's saying, "help me" to his grandpa, who of course thought this was hysterical!
Day 47


Day 48

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stacey,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Rangeley to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete