Thursday, September 17, 2009

Matt and Katie got married!!

They did it finally! I'm not sure how long they have been together, three or four years maybe, but it seems like forever! Katie is finally my sister-in-law and is now officially Cameron's Aunty. The celebration started on Friday night. Everyone got together at my in-laws house for the rehearsal. As Mark, the best man, rehearsed the ceremony, Cam and I were able to socialize with everyone. Here is a cute picture of Cam and Grampa. Cam's little snugly body and his happy face shows just how much love he already has for him!

After the rehearsal, we all got together at Waxy O'Connor's, a cute Irish pub in town, to have dinner and celebrate the soon-to-be married couple. We had great food and Katie's father made a cute picture slide show of the couple and there families. That was alot of fun to watch. Even though it was super loud in the restaurant, Cameron fell asleep right on time and stayed asleep until we got home. What a good boy, if I do say so myself!

The next day was the wedding. It was a pretty dark and rainy day, but there were a few dry spots here and there. For the ceremony, it had stopped raining so Matt and Katie decided to have it outside as planned. Of course the sky opened up half way through! But that didn't matter. They were finally married!

As fun as the wedding was and all, I must say, having an infant with you to take care of while dad has wedding duties to tend to is not easy! Running back and forth on wet grass in heels and a dress to get something from the diaper bag, change his diaper or prepare a bottle wasn't to fun. He behaved perfectly and everyone stopped me to comment on that or his cuteness! Because of this busyness I wasn't able to take many pictures, which is very unlike me! I don't even have one of the newly married couple!! But here are a few. The first was one of the few times I had my hands free. I made Cameron feed himself! Doesn't he look cute all dressed up??



No comments:

Post a Comment