Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Mommy, read!"

From the beginning, we've tried to cram a book or two into our busy night time routine. Usually, he'd sit through it. Sometimes he'd sit quietly and listen and other times he'd flip the pages himself, in no apparent order, but "reading" none the less. Lately, though, he's been wanting to read during his play time. He'll go to his box of books, take one out, then come back and sit on my lap, waiting eagerly for me to start reading. I think this is a great step for him! We know he likes to be active, but we never really knew if he could sit still and still be entertained by something like a book. Today, he brought me 14 books to read him, hoping up onto my lap for me to read each time, them scooting back down to pick out a new one when we were through. It took a loong time! I am very glad that I like reading, too!!

Oh and as you can see, I didn't take these pictures. I try to get in one here and there, but my dear husband has a different aspect on photography then me. As long as he person is in the frame, its a good picture. As you can see, this does not always work! Next time, hunny!

Day 69

No comments:

Post a Comment