Monday, March 12, 2012

Sunday Nights

I hate them.  Like, I really, really hate them!  Most people's "hate day" falls on Monday's, since they have to get back into the real world, back to the commute and back to work.  Being a stay at home mom, I loath Sunday nights because I start to realize that my husband has to go back to work in the morning and the all day fun times that we get to have as a whole family has to stop and won't happen again for 5 more days!!  Sure, we have the night times, but when Mr. Construction gets home from work, he's tired, I'm tired, the kids are tired and we all want to eat.  We get to spend time with each other, but its not the same quality time that the weekend allows.  I mean, giving little Avery her night time bottle and reading Cameron his book before saying good night is quality time, but its not the same as how I feel on the weekend.  It's not unlikely that I'll spend my Sunday night shower sobbing because I don't want our weekend to end.  Doesn't help, but it's just what I do. :)  I'm a cryer now, lol.  Babies can do that to you.  But seriously, I just love them all soooooo much and cherish every moment we get to spend together that it makes me sad to be apart.  Mark and I started dating in high school when we were 17.  We had that "we are in love so being together is all that matters" thing going on from the start (I think every one who starts a new relationship can relate!!) and even though it's been almost 14 years, a similar mind set has stuck.  Even when the kids came, we very rarely have date nights and would rather bring them with us wherever we go then leave them home.  Its unhealthy, I'm sure, but it's what we do and what we love.  

So that's my vent for tonight.  I just hate Sunday nights.  I hate using the word "hate", but really, that's how much I don't like my little perfect-to-me family to be separated.  But now it's Monday!!  I can start counting down my days until the weekend begins again.  We can all be together and my heart can grow three times it's size with happiness. 



Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment