Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ouch and smart baby!

I had an outpatient surgery today.  I had to go in to get the IVC filter (a filter that they put in one of my main arteries through my upper leg to block any blood clots that may happen from getting to my lungs during surgery or after) removed.  I had to arrive at the hospital at 6am, so we sent the kids to my in laws for a pajama party.  They did awesome, so I've heard!!  


Anyway, I have been in this pre and post-operating location so many times that I've had most of the nurses at least once, the receptionist all know me and even this certain surgeon, who has operated on me four times now, told me we are practically best friends now, lol!  BUT, hopefully this will be the last surgery for a little while now!!  It seems to be a small bit of closure to what has been going on for the last 2 months now.  But OMG am I in pain today!!  They take the filter out through the same artery that it went in on the right side of my neck.  I have a pretty skinny (aka bony!) neck and every time I move it, it just kills.  Even swallowing hurts.  I tried to take a nap today but can't sleep on my left side because my skull is still swollen around my big scar and now the right side of my neck just kills.  So I tried to sleep on my back, and I am sooo not a back sleeper.  Tylenol PM, anyone?  But don't feel bad for me!  I'm done for now!!  We have some things in the works for later, but not scheduled, so I feel pretty good for the moment.  Seizures showing there happy faces and all.


Oh and want to see how smart my little Avery is?  She built this tower all by herself, swear to G!!  Architect in the works?


(iPhone pics)

 


 
 Blurry, but she was so proud of herself!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment