Sunday, March 4, 2012

Snow!

Here in New England, we get tons of snow each winter.  And tons, usually means tons.  Like, a bunch of snow days, a bunch of day long storms and LOTS of shoveling.  Last year, we got something like 98 inches or something.  This year, we got 9.  And the bulk of it was this weekend (or on Halloween!! Weird!)  Cameron was over the moon excited when he saw the snow coming down!  He went to his Goga's the day after the snow "storm" and went snow shoeing!  Then the next day he went sleding with  his Uncle PJ.  I thought they were just using the little green sled on the little hill in the back yard, so instead of getting dressed up myself, I took a picture from inside of them all dressed up before they started: 
I went in to sit in my warm yoga pants, cuddle my little baby, and watch House Hunters (a small obsession I have) until I heard something outside.  I went out to take a look and saw PJ on a 4-wheeler...
Pulling Cameron on his sled, lol! (I had my 50mm on so I couldn't get both of them in the frame at the same time!)
This was from the back porch as they were riding the trails in the woods behind the house!!  
He was having sooooo much fun!!  And I was having just as much fun watching them!  It was probably dangerous and I may not have allowed it if they had asked me beforehand, but after seeing his excited face, it reminded me how much fun kids have with new things!  The last time he played with snow, he had just turned two, so he probably doesn't even remember it!  I have to remember to always show him new things, even if they aren't new to me.  I've dealt with snow almost to the point that I don't like it anymore (well, thats an overstatment!!) but he hasn't!  Sleds, snowmen, snow shoes, 4-wheelers, and even hats, mittens and snow boots are things he isn't old enough to remember from the year before are things that he gets sooo excited over!  I love this age (just like all the others :) ) where he can express his emotions with words and tell me how much fun things are and what he likes.  He's a fun little guy, most of the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment