Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day, Is summer really over??

Although summer isn't officially over, Labor Day is pretty much the end of it in New England. School starts up (although I'm not going back to teaching this year!!), the temperature starts to cool down, slowly but surely, and less and less people make it down to the Cape/beach each weekend. So this weekend, although it won't be our last, had a blissfully sad sort of feeling to it. We had a great time hanging out at the house, with the somewhat low temps and all! We took lots of pictures, I'll let them do some of the talking, but hey it's me, I have to put in my two (or maybe 10) cents in!!

Just to warn you: There are LOTS of pictures!!

Saturday just around lunch time, Cameron heard the ice cream truck and of course HAD to have some!! He waited patiently, with his sister, until the truck came back by our house.

He was very serious about this ice cream!
Spider Man bar
After the ice cream we decide that it was warm enough to go swimming. Not me, of course. I don't put bathing suits on on hot days, never mind windy, fall-like days! But Cam and Mark had a blast! I wore Avery and she didn't make a peep. She loves hanging around in her Baby Bijorn and it makes my life a lot easier!!

Cameron climbed down the stairs because it was high tide. When the tide comes up this high, the beach practically disappears so it's just easier to go off the dock. But he does not jump! I would have a heart attack! He walks down the stairs to daddy, waiting to grab him.

Watching my boys swim.
Cam helped shuck the corn that night..
...And made a mess!!
The next day, my sister Tina and her family came down. My other sister was down, too, but she's very pregnant (due tomorrow!!) and was very against getting her picture taken!! We let the boys play out in the yard. While we were out there, my dad and the other adult guys that were there came up with the great idea of going to the Labor Day Demolition Derby that takes place every year about an hour away. They took off for that around 4 and didn't get back until around 1!! But the kids slept pretty good and us girls had some fun gabbing until late at night!

Daddy and his love.
Cameron and his cousin Ryan
Hugs!
The next morning, after we hung out at the house for a bit, we went down to the beach to let the kids swim and play.
Think Papa loves his girly, and she loves him??
Sand castles
Me and my baby girl, and a pretty background.
The jetty
Boys being boys
My little, happy family.
I think this one was longer then normal, but I couldn't choose pics!! Hopefully no one fell asleep looking at them! Definitely more pictures of me then normal, but that makes me happy. I go for months without even being included in pictures of my family!! So sad the summer is coming to a close, but happy the fall is just around the corner!

Hope everyone had a great summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment