Thursday, September 15, 2011

When you see this face...

Cell Phone pics, btw!


RUN!!!

Well, not really, but oh my goodness, it is not a happy time! My poor little Avery Cate hadn't gone the bathroom in 8 days!! She never goes every day, probably about 3-4 days so for a while we weren't worried. Then one day, about 5 days ago, she was screaming and pushing sooo hard she had formula coming out of her nose! This went on every few hours, with no results. So on the first day of misery, I added pear juice to two bottles and pureed up some pears and gave her those (which she LOVED, by the way!). No results. The next day, I called the doctor and she said to try prune juice instead, so I did that. Nothing. So today I gave her prune juice and got no results, yet again. She was going in to get her second does of her flu shot so I mentioned it to the nurse and she suggested to do a glycerin suppository. We picked them up on the way home.

Now I'll spare you the grossness (sort-of!), but you put those things in and it doesn't take long for it to work!! Like 2 mins! And let me just say, her little tiny ab muscles are not strong enough to do all of that pushing and daddy had to "assist" once it was one its way. Grossness, I know!!!! But she's was a happy, sleepy baby about five minutes later, and has been sleeping for the night since about 6 o'clock. Poor little girl. Hope she never has to be this miserable ever again!! Wish I had a picture of her being her happy-go-lucky self that she normally is after all was said and done!

Sorry for such a wonderfully gross post!! Normal-ness (and modesty) changes once babies arrive!!


2 comments:

  1. Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more.glycerin for face at night

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don"t mind proceed with this extraordinary work and I anticipate a greater amount of your magnificent blog entries

    glycerin for face at night

    ReplyDelete