Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Taking Control

I'll admit it here, I am a little bit of a control freak.  Just ask my husband.  If he could, he would probably tell you that I'm can be bossy and that I like most things done my way, (because it's the best way, of course, lol) and when its not done "right", I can be mean.  I know, this probably sounds stupid, but it's how I work.  It frustrates me to no end when I realize things are out of my control and I could not stop them or fix them myself.  Especially when they are things that have a long lasting effect.  Miscarriage, epilepsy, DVT are some of the things that have scarred me for life that I will never be able to put completely behind me and certainly will always be there.  I didn't cause them and now I don't have any control on how they will continue to impact my life, as long or short as it will be.  BUT, even though I hate this sometimes helpless feeling, I try as hard as I can to remember that there are lots and lots of things that I can take control of.  So, overall health is going to be a focus of mine.  I have physicals/check-ups/cleanings, any appointment you can think of, all scheduled in.  I never knew how far out these doctors are booked!  Any questions or concerns I have are getting written down.  I want the cleanest bill of health that I can have. I want to catch anything that can be caught before it turns into something big.  I want to feel energized, healthy and young!

So, I'm trying to eat better (I write this while dreaming of the Cherry Garcia in my freezer right now!) and to exercise more then just chasing after my kids all day long.  I lost a lot of weight with my surgeries I've had this year, (easiest New Years Resolution I've ever completed!), so I have no idea if I am where I should be for my weight, but regardless, I need to build up my muscle tone!!  I'm just a jiggly mess! We have a new gym membership and just bought new bikes and one of those little trailers for the kids.  They LOVE it and it makes for some good family fun. I'm going to try and be up and going, working my brain and body and not be lazy.  I'm going to try (really hard!!!) to get my sleep at night, and wake up feeling energized.  I have my vitamins bought, my recipes picked out and my motivation tugging at my legs all day long. :)




So it's a start. I know, a lot of health issues come and go as they please, but why not try and be proactive, right?  If I don't begin by getting myself healthy, how can I then take control of other things in my life? I want to make myself excel at the things I love and I need to be in tip-top shape for that kind of a challenge!  God, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment