Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

Father's Day.  I have such a hard time thinking what to do to celebrate this day!  To honor everyone, Mark, my dad and Marks dad, in one day is tough!  This year, at least, my father in law was up in Maine, giving us only two people to celebrate. As adult men, I feel like when they want or need something, they buy it, right?  So what is left to give them as gifts?  The kids and I (haha) decided to give Mark the option of two things: a fun gift, an outdoor remote control helicopter (Think Bruce Jenner) or a more reasonable gift, a new grill. He loved both ideas and has yet to decide which to choose.  For my dad, all of the kids decided to bring him into Boston for a sunset cruise to see the Tall Ships come in around the Fourth of July.  He loved the idea.  But for the day, the whole family went down to the Cape (big surprise!) and spend the day together, minus PJ and Kevin.
Cool kids, I know

And we had a ton of fun!!  For the first half of the day, Tina and Ryan were down and after the boys got over the initial hyperness that always happens when they see each other, we decided to all go to the dock and let them try and catch some fish. Now, lets talk dock stuff. We have two big community docks in the association.  I freak when we are on the docks with the kids.  I strap that life jacket on Cam before he even steps on and even then, I still freak out! I don't want him to be afraid because I am nervous, so I try to just make sure someone is close to him AT ALL TIMES!  Last year with Avery, I'd wear her in the Ergo and all would be good.  This year, I was super nervous about her jumping in, so I had Mark put her in a stroller and we rolled her onto the dock. I locked all the wheels and hung on. When I saw a cute photo op, I stepped back like 15 feet, looked through my viewfinder for about 10 shots, put the camera down, and she was about 1 second away from being completely out of the stroller!!  She had wiggled herself under the tray, knees on the dock and just about ready to pull her head out and be free.  So yeah, I screamed, with no voice mind you, for anyone near her to grab her! Which they did and I ran over, freaking out that she could have run over to the edge and jumped into the water and no one would have even noticed.  Oh and did I mention Mark put her in the stroller? Yeah honey, the straps are there for a reason.  A big, HUGE safety reason! Ugh, the docks....


Tina and Ryan



My Daddy, the longest love of my life :)

Twinkle toe's
But anyway, they fished.  They little boys had fun and Cameron caught the only fish of the day, a flounder, his first salt water fish ever!

Proud! Oh and he's shooting spider web's out of his hand at me in this picture, too.

After fishing, we went back to the house to hang out.  We attempted a grandchildren group shot and this is what I ended up with:
Aubrey (9mos), Cameron (3), Ryan (3), and Avery (16 mos)

It was a perfect afternoon for flying kites, so we did!  We used Cameron's beloved $2 alien kite.  He loved launching it up in the sky and then going on the jetty with Papa after we were done.




Sort of looks like he see's God or something, but no, just a kite!










We all left early and stopped for dinner at Captain Al's Tiki Bar.  There was a man playing the piano, which Cam loved! He kept walking from our table to him to see if he was really playing.  I tried to get him to put money in his basket, but for some reason he was afraid!




So, happy Father's Day Mark!  We had a great day playing with you at the beach and hope you had fun with us too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment