Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Introducing my Baby Girl!!

Okay, so took some time to get back on the blog, but she's here! And I'm sooooooo in loooove! I'll start with the inevitable birth story (but try to make it short!):

We went in on our scheduled induction date of Saturday, February 13th at around 10 in the morning. After getting checked in and situated in our room, our nurse Marla (whom I can not rave enough about!!!) told me that I was already contracted regularly, just not very strongly. Monica (our doctor) came in and predicted that it was going to be a fast birth, which made me happy. They got me started on pitocin and suggested I do some walking, so to the halls we went. We went up and down for what seemed like hours, but probably wasn't! I was starting to feel the contractions a little more stronger and decided to try out the yoga ball to see if that could get things working a little faster. Monica came back in and sat and chatted with us for almost two hours, which made the whole process seem much more pleasant and personal. She's a sweetheart and I'll have more babies, just so she can deliver them!


Okay, flash forward to about 8 o'clock. The contractions were coming on much more strong and I could tell they were going to start getting bad really soon. I opted for an epidural, which came super quickly, but never really kicked in! They kept increasing the dosage, but it never felt the way it did with Cameron. I had full feeling and movement in my legs and could feel LOTS of pain in those contractions. I'm thinking it took the edge off, cause it wasn't that bad, but it would have been cool to not feel anything! Regardless, they broke my water about 20 mins after the epi. I swear, after that, my belly shrunk down to virtually no bump at all! I had no idea so much fluid was taking up so much of my bump! At that point, I changed my mind from thinking she was gonna be huge, to thinking maybe I had a little one coming. The pressure started immidiately, and within a few minutes everyone was ready for me to push. I pushed through three contractions, about 8 minutes, and she was out! It was 8:57.


We named her Avery Cate and she did end up being a little peanut! She was 6lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long. She has dark brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. She was super alert and looking all around the room at all her visitors. Both sets of grandparents came in to meet her right away and were in love. The whole experience was just as amazing as it was with Cameron. We are so in love with our little girl and I just can not take my eyes, hands and lips off of her. She's perfect, in every way. Sorry if I sound like a sap, but come on, I just had a baby! I feel blessed to have her as my daughter, to have been able to keep her safe in my belly, to give birth to her and to shower her with my love for the years to come. I love her, love her, love her!






No comments:

Post a Comment