Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Quite time

Today was my last day of school! I'm without that batch of kids for the whole summer! I can't believe its done and I can't believe I'm going to have all this time to spend with my baby! So as you can imagine, I got home from work super tired. And I mean crazy, lay on the couch right then tired! Mark understood, and decided Chinese would be a good alternative to cooking. Oh how I love him. Right after dinner, Mark offered (without me even asking!) to give Cam a bath. Well, a shower actually. So after I set out Cammy's jammies and got myself in mine, I came back down stairs and got myself caught up on all the blogs I try and visit. Without a little toddlers hand slamming shut my beloved Mac, without the Wiggles "singing" in the background, and without one of his hundreds of battery operated toys repeating itself over and over and over. It was peaceful and unordinary and necessary.

But while I sat there, I was all of the sudden distracted by a noise. It took me a minute to realize what it was, but when I did I nearly cried. I heard Cameron, having just gotten out of the shower and naked I'm sure, running from the bathroom across the hard wood floor into his bedroom above me. His teeny tiny legs, moving his feet at a turbo speed to keep up with Daddy, made the most adorable sound! Soft, yet sturdy sounding. The sound of a toddler having fun. Back and forth he went, with a smile on his face I'm sure, as his Daddy tried to catch him to get him dressed. A few minutes went by and I went up to try and catch a picture, but they were already walking down the stairs. It is times like these that, although I was happy to have been given a few minutes off of mommyhood, I wish I put my selfishness aside and just had fun with him. He won't always be this little and carefree. But for now he is, and I will eat it up for as long as I can!!!

(Awful Pic, I know!!)

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to miss anything. That's why I go from Friday at 6am until Monday at 9pm with 14 hours of sleep tops. You just don't want to miss a thing!

    ReplyDelete