Thursday, October 22, 2009

9 Months Old!

So he is 9 Months old today! I can hardly believe it! It feels like he was born 2 days ago! I'm so proud to have him. I can't get over how great of a little boy he is! He really is perfect to Mark and I. He has exceeded our expectations and we can hardly remember our lives without him. Sigh :)

Ok, cheesiness aside, Cam had his 9 month well being appointment today. Now let me just tell you, lately everyone who meets Cameron has made comments such as "Look at those cheeks!", "Ooo, he's a big one", or "Rugged little guy!" Since birth he's been under average for his size, usually in the 30th percentile, so I've been thinking that maybe he has caught up and made it over the average size. He does seem heavy to me when I cart him in his car seat or spend hours with him stuck to my hip. And those cheeks! Oh those cheeks!! So pudgey!! So it was only normal for Mark and I both to think he was going to weigh in at an absurdly high weight. I guessed around 22 pounds, while Mark thought a little below that.

When we arrived at the doctors office, the nurse told me to "strip down the little chubber" and place him on the scale. I did and was shocked when I was told he weighed 18lbs, 4 oz! That is less then 2 lbs above what he weighed at 6 months! She measured his height and he is 28.5 inches tall. She later told me that put him in the 17th percentile for his weight and the 56th percentile for his height. I guess we have a pretty small guy, compared to others his age that is. We don't really have anyone to compare him to though!

Other then that, everything went great at his appointment. The doctor said he's development is right on track and she kept saying "perfect" to my responses to her questions. It made me feel good to know that Mark and I aren't the only ones who think it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment