Monday, June 17, 2013

Our Typical Father's Day

Mark has been a father for four years now and for those four years I think we have celebrated Fathers Day the same way every year:  on Cape Cod.  We don't go "just 'cause".   It's always been his request, which makes me happy.  This year was no different.  We get family time, he gets alone time, I get my Daddy time and he gets his kiddo's time.  Win, win, right? 

So, we had crazy torrential rain on Friday, so we decided to go down on Saturday instead.  When we got down, we changed right into our beach clothes and went to the water for a swim.  It was pretty cold water, like the kind where if you walk in you'll scream at each step cause the water hurts, so instead you just run straight in and dive under to warm up.  Well, Cam must be some crazy, tough kid cause he just walked in slowly, stopping to pick up jelly fish and crabs, until he was up to his armpits with  out loosing the smile once.  I can't do that!  I'm a cold water wimp.  Like Avery!  She ha a blast, too, just in more shallow water :) 

To the beach in the Jeep with Papa


After the beach we had a cookout and got ice cream. Then went to a playground on a beach nearby for the kids to play while we watched the sunset.  Out of any time we can spend on the beach, I think my favorite time is after dinner, getting close to bedtime, when the air is cool enough to pair long sleeves with your shorts. Its so peaceful, even with kids running around you.  
Holy bite, right?
Swinging with my Daddy
 She loved the sunset
 Flying!!
Sunday, on Fathers Day, Mark and my dad brought Cameron out fishing on the boat.  Men time!  They caught some fish, that Cam told me were "ginormous" but weren't actually keepers.  The kids took some naps in the car while Mark and I drove around and picked out the beach house that we will someday own.  For sure. Tina and Ryan came down and we spent the rest of the day on the beach!  Low key.  It felt great, just hanging out. We packed up on the earlier side so we could out to dinner with my parents and then we were on our way. Before 7! 
Ready for the fun!
 Ginormous, right?
 Or maybe he meant this one..:)

Fishing off the dock

Family pic! 
Papa and three of the grand kids, for now!
And with two of his kids
My main man and our babies!
 Out take :)

Happy Fathers Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment